Doing business with a real estate agent means that you are protected by the law. The Real Estate Brokerage Act and various other organizations regulate the real estate agent profession so that consumers can expect fair and competent services. So, you know that you'll be served by a highly qualified and well-trained professional.
Real Estate Brokerage Act
The main goal of the Real Estate Brokerage Act is to protect the public. To enforce this, the Act sets out specific rules relating to the brokerage contract for the sale of a house. They are similar to several of the regulations found in the Consumer Protection Act.
Association des courtiers et agents immobiliers du Québec
Created by the Real Estate Brokerage Act, the Association des courtiers et agents immobiliers du Québec (ACAIQ) is mandated to protect the public by regulating the professional activities of all real estate agents and brokers. It is responsible for administering the exam that leads to the practice certificate and it ensures that its members carry out their activities in compliance with current laws and regulations. For more information, visit www.acaiq.com.
Fonds d'indemnisation du courtage immobilier
Each agent contributes to the Fonds d'indemnisation du courtage immobilier. The Fonds d'indemnisation du courtage immobilier has the authority to compensate a consumer in the event that a problem arises during a transaction whether it relates to fraud, a dishonest transaction or the misappropriation of funds or other property. For more information, go to www.indemnisation.org.
Professional Liability Insurance
Real estate brokers must hold professional liability insurance, which ensures that consumers have additional financial protection in cases of fault, error, negligence or omission. This insurance covers civil claims and civil proceedings.
- Documents Needed When Selling
- The Real Estate Broker – Your Path to Peace of Mind
- (Français) Faut-il acheter ou vendre d’abord?
- To Sell Quickly, Make a Good First Impression!
- The Price Is Right
- (Français) L’inspection par un expert en bâtiment
- COMMENT POUVOIR VENDRE PAR VOUS-MÊME ET AVOIR LE SERVICE COMPLET D’UN COURTIER IMMOBILIER EN MÊME TEMPS
- (Français) 12 clés essentiels pour vendre rapidement et au meilleur prix
- (Français) 8 coûts à prévoir pour vendre en toute sécurité
- (Français) Estimation de votre propriété en ligne
- (Français) Votre certificat de localisation est-il encore valable ou sera t-il nécessaire de le refaire